Bennettsville, South Carolina
Lake Paul Wallace
Lake Paul Wallace, a 600 acre recreational lake, is located one mile from the Inn.
Signs lead the way.
Ducks at Jacks Island.
- Runners, walkers and bicyclists enjoy the trails of Lake Paul Wallace which include:
- A 3.3-mile round trip which centers the lake.
- A picturesque wooded trail which views the lake.
- 2 mile Crooked Creek Trail parallels Lake Paul Wallace.
- This 600 acre recreational lake has a swimming beach with lifeguards during summer months.
- Boating, jet skiing and licensed fishing are permitted.
- A public dove hunting field is located next to the lake. Bennettsville is known for having some of the best dove hunting in the state.
- Sheltered picnic areas are on either side of the lake, one in the beach area, the other below the wooded walk on Jacks Island (where many ducks hang out).
- Birders appreciate this waterfowl refuge where geese, swans, American eagles, ducks and many bird varieties can be viewed.
- Lake Wallace is maintained by the SC Department of Natural Resources.
- Public boating access is through several boat ramps and fishing piers. For regulations, click on www.dnr.sc.gov