Pee Dee Region Museums
- Bishopville: The South Carolina Cotton Museum
www.sccotton.org 121 West Cedar Ln 803-484-4497
If cotton and its history is of interest, this is the place to go! Displays span two centuries of history. A gift shop offers unique cotton related items, including wool needlepoint canvases and silhouette lamp shades with cotton scenes. The 1902 James House is adjacent to the museum.
- Cheraw: Keys to the Cheraw Lyceum, located on the Town Green, and Old St. David’s Church can be picked up at the Chamber of Commerce office 221 Market St. 843-537-7681 or 843-537-8425. The Pee Dee River Artifacts Room, showcases diving and magnet fishing finds from the Pee Dee River.
- McBee: Railroad Museum and Library & the Antique Museum at McLeod Peach Farm. 843-335-8335
- Dillon: Dillon House Museum and The Dillon County Court House www.dillonmuseum.com
- Florence: War Between the States Museum 107 Guerry St. 843-669-1266 www.florenceweb.com/warmuseum.htm
- Florence: National Cemetary 803 East National Cemetary Rd.
- Florence: Florence Museum of Art, Science & History 558 Spruce St. www.florenceweb.com/museum.htm
- Hartsville: Hartsville Museum www.hartsvillemuseum.org
- Latta: Dillon County Museum
- McColl: Love Library & Museum 107 N. Marlboro St. 843-523-6868 American Indian relics & history.
- Mullins: The South Carolina Tobacco Museum www.sccotton.org